- About Us
- Practice Resources
- Pay Dues
|Future of Healthcare Conference Poster Presentation|
Original and previously-presented posters are accepted. Case reports will not be accepted for presentation.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 posters at dinner the evening.
Please read the following guidelines and submit the below application if you are interested in participating. Or click here for a form to download, print, complete and return.
Applications begin April 1, 2020 and close on August 7, 2020.
A FEE OF $75 is REQUIRED from each resident agreeing to present a poster; dinner on 10/5/20 is included. *Please note that most hospitals either pay this fee directly, or will reimburse the resident. DCMS can work with your institution as needed; just ask your Program Coordinator how they'd like us to handle payment.
Poster Abstract Preparation:
The Poster Abstract Form should adhere to the following guidelines:
● Margins & Spacing: Do not type outside of the box. Single-space all text in the abstract. Use 10 or 12 font.
● Title: Type in bold. Do not underline. End title with a period.
● Authors: List authors (presenter underlined), affiliation, and institution. Do not include street addresses or zip codes. Include academic degree, but do not indicate other titles of authors. List sponsor if required.
● Structured Text: Organize the body of the abstract as follows:
Background: A statement of the purpose of, or reason for, the report.
Methods: A brief description of the design of the study.
Results: A summary of the results presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusions. Simple tables and graphs may be included but must fit within the boundary lines. Statements such as “the results will be presented” or “other data will be presented to support…” are discouraged. Data must be presented in the abstract.
Conclusion: A statement of the conclusion based on the data presented.
● Abbreviations: use only standard abbreviations. Special or unusual abbreviations should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word. Numerals rather that words may be used to indicate numbers.
Poster Submission: Please submit a completed Poster Abstract Form for Poster Presentation found below by August 7, 2020. Confirmation of acceptance will be sent no later than September 4, 2020. Authors must be available to attend the conference on Monday, October 5, 2020, at the Prime Osborn Convention Center to set-up and present the poster from 5:00-9:00 pm.
A MAXIMUM of TWO posters per applicant, so that the author is able to defend the abstract in person with judges. A FEE OF $75 is REQUIRED from each resident agreeing to present a poster; dinner on 10/5/20 is included. *Please note that most hospitals either pay this fee directly, or will reimburse the resident. DCMS can work with your institution as needed; just ask your Program Coordinator how they'd like us to handle payment.